HoloViews 1.13 Release
We are very pleased to announce the release of HoloViews 1.13.x!
Since we did not release blog posts for other 1.13 we will use this opportunity the many great features that have been added in this release. Note that this post primarily focuses on exciting new functionality for a full summary of all features, enhancements and bug fixes see the releases page in the HoloViews documentation.
link_selectionfunction to make custom linked brushing simple (#3951)
link_selectionbuilds on new support for much more powerful data-transform pipelines: new
Dataset.transformmethod (#237, #3932), dim expressions in
Dataset.select(#3920), arbitrary method calls on dim expressions (#4080), and
Dataset.datasetproperties to track provenance of data
- Add Annotators to allow easily drawing, editing, and annotating visual elements (#1185)
Rectangleselements (#3510, #3532, #4000)
- Add support for cuDF GPU dataframes, cuPy backed xarrays, and GPU datashading (#3982)
- Add spatialpandas support and redesigned geometry interfaces for consistent roundtripping (#4120)
- Add explicit
.xrnamespaces to dim expressions to allow using dataframe and xarray APIs (#4320)
- Support GIF rendering with Bokeh and Plotly backends (#2956, #4017)
- Support for Plotly
- Add support for linked streams in Plotly backend to enable rich interactivity (#3880, #3912)
- Support for datashading
- HeatMap now supports mixed categorical/numeric axes (#2128)
.optstab completions (#4193)
If you are using Anaconda, HoloViews can most easily be installed by executing the command
conda install -c pyviz holoviews . Otherwise, use
pip install holoviews.